Holliday Hill. Hannibal, MO
Posted Fri, 03/08/2013 - 03:19 by amateurhour
Following the ascent of Harrison Hill in Hannibal, I hustled across town to Holliday Hill in Hannibal.
Short report here:
- Drive up a series of badly potholed roads, each one steeper than the one before.
- Arrive at the top of Holliday Hill, and have a surprisingly good view of the Mississippi River Valley in between the houses.
- Step outside of car, pose for burger shot on the road.
- Hear a door to a house open behind me, and immediately after hear "BOY, WHAT YOU DOING?!".
- Quickly realize that he's a lot bigger and angrier than me.
- Poorly explain Summit Cheeseburger while retreating.
- Accept that urban mountaineering is far more dangerous than any Himalayan Peak.